Friday 10 June 2011

Public Speaking context based on the situation

I enjoy watching television, and I started to watch this TV show that made me think about the time we talked about context in a message in class. This is a perfect example where the context of the message determines whether it will get me us into trouble, or get a good laugh. Bill Shatner, an enormous Canadian icon in show business, is the victim in this video www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULtTn8LeBWU. I would love to have the speaker's confidense and public speaking skills. Of course, I would have to make sure that the speech matches the situation and the audience. I hope you enjoy this video, and please do not be offended by the coarse language, and sexual inuendo, you have been warned.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Bryan. A good example of how risky humour can be - but also of how laughing at oneself is sometimes the best (and only) thing you can do.

    ReplyDelete