Friday 1 July 2011

Interview Tips

I have realized that some of our students who have been struggling to present themselves in some occassions, especially in job interview. We get nervous and shocked when we were asked on some questions which we aren't prepared. I have encountered the same problem too, however, i mostly end up with positive impression on people who conducted the interview with me. I think preparing well, acting confidently and speaking prudently are very important. Also, i think it's okay to be not known the answers to some interview questions, but try to answer in a business perspective and end up positively.
I also looked for some information and resources online and try to help people who are afraid or inconfident in interview. Also as supplementary to the course material that Dr. Kate provided us. I found an website which seems to be quite popular on Google(as they appearred on the top of the list):
http://www.prospects.ac.uk/interview_tips.htm
This website analyzed the nature of interviews and gives you hint of how to impress your interviewer.
I have noticed that it's an UK's website, but i think all professional industries has some mutual key things that every organization is looking for regardless where the organization is operating. So free feel to take a look and hope you can benefit from it somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment