Thursday 11 August 2011

4 Quick, Easy Ways to Say No to People Who Take You for Granted

I read this interesting article about how to say no to people in communicating and I want to share it with others. The reason I chose this article because I think sometimes saying NO to others might be difficult to some people. This happens to me in my own life and on my friend. One of my friend is always very nice to people, and I find that because she doesn't know how to reject and say No to her friends, she ended up very busy and complicated in her life. I found that she often has to spend a lot of time on the phone with her friends who is unhappy and she had to hear their complain which ended up costing her own personal time.

"No matter how wonderful you are sometimes other people will try to take advantage of your good nature. They will push you, get you to do more than your fair share and keep asking you to do
even more."
I believe my friends can learn to stand up for herself and learn to say No to others which will saves her a lot of times and unnecessary tasks in her life after reading this article.

Here are 4 great ways to stand up for yourself and say No:
1. Soften the No - by postponing your help to other times.
2. Negotiate - say you're willing to help on one condition
3. Say No when you do not care the outcome
4. Say No to the Big Request and Yes to a smaller one

For more details on 4 ways to stand up for yourself and say No please go to:
http://www.howtotalkwithconfidence.com/granted4.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment