Tuesday 9 August 2011

Reasons of Taking Communication Courses

I remember, Communication classes used to me my least favourite classes in school, since we never had any classes like this in China. But later, writing a report already became a part of every day school activities while I was studying International Trade and Transportation at BCIT. I always wonder why all colleges and universities have communication courses in all programs.

Zulmarle Gonzalez wrote an article which said Americans reported their greatest fear is the fear of speaking in front of a group, according to the Bruskin (July 1973). I guess communication courses are not only my least favourite classes, but why for people whose first language is English still have to take that many communication classes?

Zulmarle made a good point by saying this way:

"Effective communication may not actually be able to solve all of the world's problems but practicing better communication skills might begin to solve or avoid any problems. This is the reason that communication is consequential."

I do think it make perfect sense. Check the link if you want to read the whole article.
http://www.helium.com/items/227572-reasons-to-take-a-communication-course-in-college

No comments:

Post a Comment