Tuesday 9 August 2011

Using Graphics Effectively

I just presented my oral presentation for a class yesterday and used this article online to help me with using graphics. I did not want to use too many or graphics that were irrelevant to my presentation so I had to carefully select the ones that I felt would capture the audiences attention and also that were most pertinent to the topic I was discussing.

The article online provides 12 tips for creating better documents, I used this as a guideline for my power point presentation.
1. Choose your content carefully
2. Create a theme
3. Use graphics to illustrate key points
4. Use tables for page layouts
5. Use footnotes to support your details
6.Use headings and a table of contents
7. Add an appendix
8. Stay in control of your document by knowing what it is doing
9. Create your own set of styles
10. Save time by using different views
11. Place graphics that stay in place and look great
12. Control the look and use of graphics

This article is mostly for MS Word but I found that the MS suite is pretty interchangeable and the information here worked for PowerPoint as well. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment