Thursday 4 August 2011

Organizational Miscommunication

Thought since I researched Organizational communication for my project I would share something I learned. The majority of my information came from interviews with people of power in different organizations and one of the things that came out in every interview was the fact that communication was to quick and brief. Management tended to try and get a point across in a flash leaving a lot of questions. One thing I quickly realized is if management was to slow down for 2 minutes, and take a little extra time they would eliminate a lot of questions therefore saving themselves time in the long run. I have experienced this many times in my own work life. Management is about doing things right and efficiently so why rush? Why not slow down and make it right in the first place?

Better communication increases the happiness in the work environment so be sure to practice it, and make sure your employees feel they can talk to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment